SAIS + full time job

I found out today that I have a pretty good funding offer from SAIS, which would definitely be my top choice program. Unfortunately, I probably will not be able to go without a way to support my family, which means getting a job. In the FAQ SAIS says that it does not allow part time study and the minimum course load is three per semester. Assuming I can get a job with somewhat flexible hours, is it totally crazy to think I might be able to take at least three classes and work full time?

Does anyone know of someone who tried this?

I do think that would be impossible. These courses have heavy work loads, and if you want to get through everything with good marks and without wanting to kill yourself, you need to actually have time to sit down, study, and unwind. I can't imagine pulling that off with full-time work, especially if you need to re-arrange your entire work schedule to go to classes.

I do think that would be impossible. These courses have heavy work loads, and if you want to get through everything with good marks and without wanting to kill yourself, you need to actually have time to sit down, study, and unwind. I can't imagine pulling that off with full-time work, especially if you need to re-arrange your entire work schedule to go to classes.

I tend to agree. Some students find internships (part time) around DC - but the ones who interned in my office needed to maintain very flexible work schedules to accommodate exams and other mandatory activities. I know some people that worked on campus too - in the library or as a teaching assistant. I'm not sure if one of those jobs would be enough to make ends meet though - probably depends on your family situation.