Jump to content

Dreaded Waitlist


Pictureit24

Recommended Posts

I've been waitlisted at one of my top choice MA programs and I found out early on (mid-February). I was hoping that meant I would hear one way or another before April but now I'm starting to wonder... is it possible I might not hear anything until after April 15th? I was accepted into another program, which obviously wasn't my first choice, but I'm not sure I want to throw that option away waiting to hear about my waitlist status. I'm also not sure I want to plunk down a $400 deposit before I know whether or not I have a chance at getting into the other program.

Any advice?? Anyone else in the same boat??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am probably going to decline an offer of admission in the next day or two. I wish I could have made a decision earlier, but waiting on some schools + external factors have really been making it tougher than I thought to decide. So, if one of these programs is your top choice, don't give up hope! And if it's not, I assume they waitlisted you for a reason, and hopefully everything should resolve itself soon. You still have a few weeks until April 15th, so no need to rush into a decision yet. Good luck!

Edited by moonishalfawake
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use