Auburn University

I applied to Auburn's TPC MA program and was accepted last Tuesday (3/15).

Congrats! I was accepted in mid-February, which really surprised me. Are you considering their offer? I like Auburn well enough, and it's an excellent fit for me, but I'm worried about their ranking.

Likewise! What program did you apply to and are you MA or PhD? I'm considering their offer, but am leaning heavily towards my other offers. You?

Congrats! I was accepted in mid-February, which really surprised me. Are you considering their offer? I like Auburn well enough, and it's an excellent fit for me, but I'm worried about their ranking.

Likewise! What program did you apply to and are you MA or PhD? I'm considering their offer, but am leaning heavily towards my other offers. You?

I'm a lit student going for my MA. I've received better offers but Auburn has a faculty member who really interests me, so I'm going to visit.

I'm a lit student going for my MA. I've received better offers but Auburn has a faculty member who really interests me, so I'm going to visit.

I hear you there. Unfortunately, funding is a huge part in the decision process for me and a fully funded offer elsewhere is pulling me in the other direction. I'm interested to hear your thoughts after your visit!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So did you end up accepting or finding out more about funding from Auburn? Sorry to come from nowhere, but I have a vested interest in the outcome. :P

So did you end up accepting or finding out more about funding from Auburn? Sorry to come from nowhere, but I have a vested interest in the outcome. :P

I accepted their offer. Their funding for MA students, considering the relatively low cost of living in Auburn, the preparation they provide for teaching classes, and the TA workload itself, is generous--especially because it's difficult to find programs with strong departments that fund their MAs.

I accepted their offer. Their funding for MA students, considering the relatively low cost of living in Auburn, the preparation they provide for teaching classes, and the TA workload itself, is generous--especially because it's difficult to find programs with strong departments that fund their MAs.

Glad that things worked out well! What's your field of interest?