SSRC DPDF

boomer

I applied as well and haven't heard anything...however, I know someone who found out she got it last week, so I think I know what that means. I have a friend who was an alternate in 2009, and she received that notification via e-mail around March 20th or so.

She applied to the Global Indigenous Politics subfield, and I believe her acceptance came via e-mail. I can't say for sure if all of them arrive through e-mail, though, or if it varies from field to field. Either way, I think we'll probably find out about acceptances/rejections/waitlists next week.

Do you know which subfield was it? Do the notifications of acceptance come through email? Thanks.

She applied to the Global Indigenous Politics subfield, and I believe her acceptance came via e-mail. I can't say for sure if all of them arrive through e-mail, though, or if it varies from field to field. Either way, I think we'll probably find out about acceptances/rejections/waitlists next week.

This kinda made me lose hope: http://sociology.las.uic.edu/ ... =(

I haven't received word yet either! I applied to the Provincializing Global Urbanism research group. Anyone receive a notification for this sub-group?

Did anyone get a reply this week? I still don't have a notification!

Hi! I applied to the Bridging and Bordering. I know someone who was accepted already. Ugh. I wish they'd just notify us!

I haven't received word yet either! I applied to the Provincializing Global Urbanism research group. Anyone receive a notification for this sub-group?

I haven't heard yet, either...though for my own piece of mind I'm assuming I didn't get it. (Though you need not share in my pessimism. :rolleyes:)

I applied for the Provincializing Global Urbanism Field...but I can never type that without starting to type Provincializing Europe.

Hi! I applied to the Bridging and Bordering. I know someone who was accepted already. Ugh. I wish they'd just notify us!

I can't believe they have not notified us yet! Did anyone receive anything? Nothing from my end and I already emailed them about it.

Anyone open letters this week from SSRC, rejections or otherwise? I'm still waiting to hear, but as my advisor so eloquently stated, "SSRC is always a long shot."

I received an acceptance letter about 3 weeks ago via email and have just received the paper work this week confirming. It is for Global Indigenous Politics

Edited by bella4273

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I applied to the New Approaches to Transnationalism and Migratory Circulation program. I haven't heard from them yet. Has anyone else heard back?

I got an acceptance email today from the DPDF area of "Mediated Futures: Globalization and Historical Territories." Good luck everyone who applied!

Congrats on the Mediated Future acceptance. I applied to that category and didn't hear back - so I guess I didn't get it!

A colleague received an acceptance from the "Mediated Futures" area as well. He was notified on Thursday (March 22) by email. I applied to "Governing Global Production" and haven't heard back. I wonder if every area sends out announcements separately (in which case there is still hope) or whether all acceptances were sent out on Thursday. Has anybody heard from any other area?

I just got an email response saying "All award notifications will be sent out the first week of April." Of course, this usually means they've alerted everyone that got it last week, and they are waiting for confirmations and wait-list acceptances before they send out all rejections. Good luck everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Applied for DPDF 2012 and haven't received any email or postal letter or anything ... like others have said on here, perhaps they emailed all the initial winners and wait list people a couple weeks ago (~Mar. 22) and are waiting to meet the acceptance quota before sending out the mass rejection letters to everyone else : 0 ... also who knows! could be something totally different ... playing guessing games with these things is never very fun.

I just got the rejection letter in the mail. Two weeks difference between the announcement of acceptances and rejections is not okay, not by any means. I wonder how much time and labor they're trying to save by not emailing the rejected. The letter is dated March 27: they might as well have emailed right then. Even though it's common practice in all academic institutions (and is even more nerve-wracking in admissions) not to care enough to email the rejected, it disgusts me every time it happens.