Boston University MA/PhD's for Fall 2011?

queenofscots

Sigh, is anyone still waiting to hear about funding? I am not expecting it at this point, but I want to start planning either way!

Still waiting (doubtfully) as well. But I'm absolutely with you - I'd just like to know so I can plan accordingly.

I've heard. I think it's best to inquire if you want to attempt any financial planning.

Emailed Prof. Ribner again today: "I am grateful for your patience. A final answer should be forthcoming within a week."

I wonder if they are waiting to hear from some people who HAVE been offered funding to see if they will attend or not? If not, then maybe they will distribute funding to others...

Emailed Prof. Ribner again today: "I am grateful for your patience. A final answer should be forthcoming within a week."

I wonder if they are waiting to hear from some people who HAVE been offered funding to see if they will attend or not? If not, then maybe they will distribute funding to others...

I remember asking if the 15th was the official deadline, and it is the preferred date. However, if a student doesn't respond to this specific program's offer before roughly the end of the month, they presume the student has declined the offer. So, if indeed they are waiting on offers of funding to students, perhaps you have more leeway unless you're balancing another offer also.

Thanks for the info - here's hoping it's less than a week.

STILL! ugh.

Just spoke with Ribner and finally got word on funding. I had to pass on part of the package, so hopefully that will make life easier for whoever gets it instead :)

It sounded like he's been calling people all afternoon, so if you haven't had a call yet, I would expect it this afternoon or tomorrow.

I'm glad I'll see some folks I have some familiarity with! Though, first rule of thegradcafe.com is that there is no gradcafe.com, and I hope people can't easily guess me by my demeanor.

It seems two people are currently living in Boston: AMR and Queenofscots! How do you guys like it? I'm hyped I finally get to leave GA after nearly a decade.

I'm glad I'll see some folks I have some familiarity with! Though, first rule of thegradcafe.com is that there is no gradcafe.com, and I hope people can't easily guess me by my demeanor.

It seems two people are currently living in Boston: AMR and Queenofscots! How do you guys like it? I'm hyped I finally get to leave GA after nearly a decade.

I honestly love Boston. I live in Somerville but work in Boston so I feel like I've gotten to know the city pretty well while also enjoying a more neighborhoody living situation. Have you considered where you would like to live in Boston?

• 3 months later...

Yes!! Well, how about this: if I successfully identify you as "amr" from codename TGC, we are then tentatively required to have a hot chocolate powwow.

Edited by Chulianne