Admissions-MSW-University of Iowa for fall 2011

eekHELP

Applications for the University of Iowa MSW program were due February 1st for fall of 2011. Has anyone gotten a letter? An email? Anything? Does anyone know anything about their admissions process at all. Freaking out... Thanks!

Anyone out there in the social work world? I feel like every day I get closer to April 15th is one more day likely that I'm going to get a rejection. All the info Iowa gives out is that everyone will hear back in writing by April 15th... It's the only program I applied to because my significant other is here getting his Ph.D. and can't move anywhere else. if I get rejected... what are my other options? Apply again next year? I feel like I'm getting too old...

I applied to the MSW program, too. I have e-mailed the director and she said that they were running a little late this year and that they hope to have them out in the first week of April. Hope this helps. I am freaking out, too!

Checking the mail like a crazy person sounds very familiar. I'll try to postpone my freak out until next week. Thanks so much for the reply! It's nice to know someone else is out there wondering...

Did you apply for the Iowa City campus or the Des Moines campus? I am in the Des Moines area. Every day that goes by with no response is driving me crazy. I check my online application status, too. Nothing.

I applied to the Iowa City campus. But all the applications go through the same place, right? I've been checking ISIS--is there another site to check?? ISIS just says my admission decision is "in progress." I check it like three times a day. It's driving me crazy too. Next week is going to be a nerve wracking week.

Nope, no other place. I meant ISIS- and mine reads the same thing. I wonder if there are equal spots open on both campuses. I would think there would be. Do you want to go full time or part time? What is your undergraduate in? My mail is going to be here in minutes but I know there won't be anything yet....

I want to go full time. Unfortunately, my undergrad is a double major in English and History and I'm thinking that's going to work against me but we'll see. I worked in healthcare for a couple years and I'm hoping that helps. And I applied to do it in three years so if I need to take extra classes because I don't have a BSW. What's your undergrad major? My mail will be here soon too...lol... if only...

THEY HAVE BEEN SENT OUT! I have not gotten one yet, but I called and they said that they have sent them out. Now I am really freaking. Maybe tomorrow or Saturday. This makes me want to go to the post office and demand they look for it. Ha ha.

What made you decide on social work?

My major is human services and I am done in May. I have worked with a little girl with disabilities for the past three years and also part time at a homeless shelter for youth. Who knows how they decide. I am a returning student with three kids ages 9, 7, and 5. I am so ready to stop worrying about this and hear one way or another.

Best of luck to you!