UCSB admission

Mahaveer

Hi,

Last week I got MS admission letter in ECE department from UCSB graduate division, and they also mentioned :-

Your admission to UC Santa Barbara is “provisional,” pending the receipt of the following document(s):

• Final/Official degree certificate with BTech degree and date of conferral posted from Your collage.

They didn't mention any deadline to submit this documents so I have tried to contact graduate divison but they are not responding, I am an international students and I have submitted original transcript via mail in Jan'11 (myself not by my University). So I am confuse about whether degree certificate should be send by my university or is it okay if I send duplicate degree certificate attestation by my university (because my university award only 1 original degree certificate) ?

Admission letter does not contain any information about any financial supportl so should I assume I am not getting any scholarship/fellowship or the decision is still pending ?

If anybody have information please share .

Thanks,

-Mahaveer

Hey there,

Congrats on the admission. You'll probably have to talk to the school itself about the official degree certificate thing. I'm pretty sure that for domestic applicants they don't need an official diploma, but rather a final transcript that is marked as graduated. I don't know how they handle international degrees...

As for financial support, I got my financial support offer almost 2 months after getting my admissions notice. So don't give up hope!

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Is anybody who got admission in MS with CCSP (Control, Communication and Signal Processing) domain from UCSB ?

-Mj

Hi,

Last week I got MS admission letter in ECE department from UCSB graduate division, and they also mentioned :-

Your admission to UC Santa Barbara is “provisional,” pending the receipt of the following document(s):

• Final/Official degree certificate with BTech degree and date of conferral posted from Your collage.

They didn't mention any deadline to submit this documents so I have tried to contact graduate divison but they are not responding, I am an international students and I have submitted original transcript via mail in Jan'11 (myself not by my University). So I am confuse about whether degree certificate should be send by my university or is it okay if I send duplicate degree certificate attestation by my university (because my university award only 1 original degree certificate) ?

Admission letter does not contain any information about any financial supportl so should I assume I am not getting any scholarship/fellowship or the decision is still pending ?

If anybody have information please share .

Thanks,

-Mahaveer

Hi,

Did you get offer this year for MS in ECE?

Thanks,

-Mahaveer

Hey there,

Congrats on the admission. You'll probably have to talk to the school itself about the official degree certificate thing. I'm pretty sure that for domestic applicants they don't need an official diploma, but rather a final transcript that is marked as graduated. I don't know how they handle international degrees...

As for financial support, I got my financial support offer almost 2 months after getting my admissions notice. So don't give up hope!

Hope that helps!