Living on Newark, DE with 17000

aber_leider

I think that the thread title is pretty descriptive. I've been offered admission to the University of Delaware and a nine month stipend of $1700 (minus tax, I'm pretty sure). I'm an international student and I'm worried about the cost of living. Any advice is going to be very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the thread title is pretty descriptive. I've been offered admission to the University of Delaware and a nine month stipend of $1700 (minus tax, I'm pretty sure). I'm an international student and I'm worried about the cost of living. Any advice is going to be very helpful.

I think you will be OK - 17000$ seems to be sufficient according to these numbers: http://chronicle.com/stats/stipends/?inst=709 (though the data are 2 years old)

However, if anyone has better information - please share with us. I've also received an offer of admission 3 weeks ago but still waiting for the funding.... -_-