Got an admission, but waiting on financial info

precious1

I got an admission letter on the second week of Mar from one of the schools that I applied to. I sent the secretary an email asking about financial information. She said that it would take a couple pf weeks to make financial decision. It has been already 2 weeks since I talked to her, but I have not heard from her yet. I also sent an email to the professor who I would work with if I decided to attend, but no news yet. I am aware that last week was spring break which might be one of the reasons why it might take longer.

While it was a relief to hear positive news from one last school, waiting for admission decision is one thing and wating for financial decision is another.

I applied to a 5 years program changing my major and not having research experience.

What is the chance of getting financial asistance?

I wonder if only those who have research experience or did get a MA degree in the similiar (if not the same) are eligible for such assistance.

I am an international on top of that. (I am well aware that American citizens and permanent residents are the first priority)

Time only can tell, but I am not sure how much longer it will take for them to let me know and want to ask around.