Penn State Housing

rebel225

Hi everyone,

I'm an international graduate student heading to Penn State for the upcoming fall semester. I plan to head to State College sometime in August, at the earliest July. I'm really excited about starting my program, but my main concern is housing. Since I won't be able to check the places out myself, if any one has suggestions or places I should consider (or avoid), please let me know! I'm looking for a place away from downtown (so that it's relatively quite). Also, if you know of anyone looking for a roommate, let me know as well! As long as I have my own room, it would be great if I can share a place as that is cheaper :)

Hey! I took a look at quite a few places in State College. I would recommend looking at apartments online (via http://www.statecollege.com/apartments/ and craigslist.com) and then referring to apartmentratings.com to get a candid view of what it's like to live in various apartment complexes. My favorite was Nittany Gardens--- the best maintained, 2 miles away from campus (not downtown), and great environment.

Good luck

Hi everyone,

I'm an international graduate student heading to Penn State for the upcoming fall semester. I plan to head to State College sometime in August, at the earliest July. I'm really excited about starting my program, but my main concern is housing. Since I won't be able to check the places out myself, if any one has suggestions or places I should consider (or avoid), please let me know! I'm looking for a place away from downtown (so that it's relatively quite). Also, if you know of anyone looking for a roommate, let me know as well! As long as I have my own room, it would be great if I can share a place as that is cheaper :)