de-stressing solutions

skamp

Here's where I am right now: I'm stuck between two great schools. Both would be good fits, I think, and I have similar funding options for both. The problem is that I haven't heard from one of the schools at all. When I get in touch they keep telling me that they'll get in touch "soon" but it's been maybe three weeks of "soon" by this point. I'm a compulsive planner and right now I can't make any plans. I'm in limbo.

But the decision isn't the problem.

The problem is that I'm so stressed out that I haven't been sleeping well. My shoulders are tight all the time and I toss and turn at night. I'm doing ok, I mean, it hasn't affected my job performance or anything, but I'm tired of feeling that stress all the time.

I can't be the only one who is inappropriately (or maybe appropriately?) stressed out by this whole process. Anyone have any great de-stressing tips to share?

are you still at school? then hit the gym, go swimming, sauna, run. if outside school, go to public places where you can people watch. or get involved in something that takes time... video games, music, movies. the goal is to take your mind off the application process, and the best way to do so is by engaging in something else. just hang on.. it's almost over!