Columbia and Hunter MFA (painting)

westside28

Columbia is still reviewing applicants for MFA Visual Arts.

I emailed them and they responded back that they were still reviewing portfolios and we would hear back either the end of this week or next week. Should hear back by all schools by April 15th.

Didn't apply to Hunter....but might be the same.

Have any applicants that applied to Columbia or Hunter MFA (in painting or other wise) heard from the two schools yet?

Does any one know when we are supposed to hear by ?

i've been wondering about the same thing but i just assumed that i was rejected by columbia - i heard Columbia conducts interviews for short-listed candidates, so if i still haven't heard anything about interviews, shouldn't i just assume that i had been rejected? ...unless they don't actually conduct interviews for everyone they accept?

Edited by daiy

What about Columbia? I saw one or two people here who have interviews with them, but it seems that most people haven't heard anything from them, including rejections or just when we should expect decision letters and in what form (email? postal?). When I called two weeks ago, they were kind of wishy washy about interviews and schedules, so I have no idea what / when to expect...

Edited by daiy

The only people I've seen online that had interviews with Columbia were Photo. I haven't seen or heard of any painters having interviews on here. The admissions office told me yesterday that they are still reviewing portfolios and will send out notifications via email this week or next.

I pretty much assumed I was rejected since I haven't heard back. I specifically asked them if I had been rejected and all they said is that they were still reviewing portfolios and applications.

It is possible that they have late interviews....but I figured if they really were interested, they would have already contacted me...

But we'll see....

What about Columbia? I saw one or two people here who have interviews with them, but it seems that most people haven't heard anything from them, including rejections or just when we should expect decision letters and in what form (email? postal?). When I called two weeks ago, they were kind of wishy washy about interviews and schedules, so I have no idea what / when to expect...

I got a rejection email from Hunter. I assume I'm rejected to Columbia because I've heard nothing. I met a guy who got a phone call to invite him for an interview in sculpture but I haven't heard of any painting interviews.

I got a rejection email from Hunter. I assume I'm rejected to Columbia because I've heard nothing. I met a guy who got a phone call to invite him for an interview in sculpture but I haven't heard of any painting interviews.

Hey everyone! Hang in there!

I interviewed at Hunter for painting on Saturday 3/19 and they said we'd know within two to three weeks.

I interviewed at Columbia for painting on Thursday 3/24 and was accepted with funding on Saturday 3/26 via a phone call by Gregory Amenoff. He told me they picked nine painters.

Hope that helps!

Hey everyone! Hang in there!

I interviewed at Hunter for painting on Saturday 3/19 and they said we'd know within two to three weeks.

I interviewed at Columbia for painting on Thursday 3/24 and was accepted with funding on Saturday 3/26 via a phone call by Gregory Amenoff. He told me they picked nine painters.

Hope that helps!

Congratulations for Columbia! WOW!

I also had my interview on Thursday 3/24 for New Genres and haven't heard from them yet. Would you know whether only the painters have been informed or all the disciplines?

Thank you!

I don't know about all the disciplines. So far, I know Painting and Printmaking have heard back.

I do remember that last year my friend applied for Painting but they switched her to New Genres and it did take longer for her to hear that she was accepted. Good luck!

Congratulations for Columbia! WOW!

I also had my interview on Thursday 3/24 for New Genres and haven't heard from them yet. Would you know whether only the painters have been informed or all the disciplines?

Thank you!

I don't know about all the disciplines. So far, I know Painting and Printmaking have heard back.

I do remember that last year my friend applied for Painting but they switched her to New Genres and it did take longer for her to hear that she was accepted. Good luck!

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm soooo excited and can't wait, but need to be patient and not check my emails every hour :)

I wish you a good start!

Oh noooo. How and when did u get your Columbia rejection? Per email or did you check the online application form? Did you have an interview?

Just got my rejection from Columbia by email. Went to hunter's interview and haven't heart from them yet. I can't wait any more!! Hunter's is my first option

Oh noooo. How and when did u get your Columbia rejection? Per email or did you check the online application form? Did you have an interview?

I received my rejection letter too (3/31). I was sent an email telling me that my admissions decision was available on my online application. You click a link, and the (very polite) letter opened up.

Did you have an interview at all or was the decision only based on the portfolio?

I received my rejection letter too (3/31). I was sent an email telling me that my admissions decision was available on my online application. You click a link, and the (very polite) letter opened up.