Questions about OISE

Q&A2

Hello,

Any help with these things would be very appreciated, especially comments by current OISE students and/or previous grads. .

1. What are "meeting sessions" for CTL3001H Y? How often are the meetings? Are they helpful?

2. In general, how many students are in CTL3001H and other classes? Is info for class sizes posted online?

3. In general, do CTL and SESE professors and students welcome a request by an OISE student not enrolled in the class to observe classes? Or are the classes often private?

4. Even though I am enrolled as a part-time student, can I take 2 half-course credits in the first term?

5. As much as I am very interested in several courses offered by the professors, I also have an idea for a topic in the CTL 3798H Individual Reading and Research class. Would my faculty advisor and the program feel it is acceptable for me to begin this class in my first term? On the one hand, the topic is very relevant to my recent work, and it's connected to recent research while also highlighting an area which seems can be investigated further. On the other hand, I have not been a student at university for several years, I realize my academic writing and general use of the language of the literature is not particularly strong, and I am worried faculty would worry I am new trying to do more than I can handle.

Thanks for your consideration of these things!

Hi there, have you been accepted to the PhD program at OISE in CTL? I am currently waiting to hear back and was wondering when you heard from them? I received a letter from my Faculty Advisor in early March that had details of funding, but wasn't an official acceptance... just wondering what the process was like for you! Your help would be great, thanks :)

Hi there, have you been accepted to the PhD program at OISE in CTL? I am currently waiting to hear back and was wondering when you heard from them? I received a letter from my Faculty Advisor in early March that had details of funding, but wasn't an official acceptance... just wondering what the process was like for you! Your help would be great, thanks :)

I received acceptance for an MA... Date of Offer of Admission was March 18... Hope this helps!

I received acceptance for an MA... Date of Offer of Admission was March 18... Hope this helps!

Ah, for a MA, gotcha.

That does help, thank you and congratulations :)

• 2 months later...

Here is attempt at help with the questions. Perhaps other people are wondering about this too.

Regarding "meeting sessions", this is the course schedule.

Class sizes? This can be checked in ROSI. Go to Course Enrollment and then View Timetable/Spaces.

About # of courses a term for part-time students, perhaps 2 half-course credits is the general limit, but thesis writing students already have a half-course credit assigned for the term, so we take 1 half-course in addition to the thesis work.