Ford Foundation Fellowship 2011

JoeySsance

Today I called and received similar news, gradschoolorbust!. I am an alternate for the Pre-Doctoral in the field of Geography. All awardees confirmed their awards.

A bittersweet piece of news.

I'm impressed with the friendliness of the Ford office. I felt like I really had a conversation with the woman who answered - and she answered questions I didn't think to ask. This experience made the news sweeter!

I'm inspired for the upcoming fellowship cycle.

Ah well ... I'm a predoc alternate in Geography, too. I was waiting to call on Friday, it seemed like a good time to call. Now I know. However, your note cheers me up a bit for calling. I'm certainly interested in feedback and now I'm curious as to any other info they may share.

Thanks for the news. Seeing that you're already attending, you may be in the same situation I'm in. Best of luck for your doctoral fellowship application when the time comes.

Thanks to all of the support and info from others. Great community ... best of luck and keep it up!

Cheers!

Edited by boltage

I am an alternate for the dissertation fellowship, and I found out last week that everyone in my field (psychology) confirmed. I might apply for the Ford postdoctoral award while I am in my internship year for clinical psych. But I will certainly apply for academic jobs and/or NIH-funded postdocs. It would have been great to have the dissertation fellowship, but this was a one-shot deal for me. Now, it's time to move on to other things...

Congrats to everyone for sticking it out through the process and all the hard work you guys put in. That dedication and ambition will carry over into other great things; I have no doubt.

Edited by PsychOut