Age Query

JAubrey

I am looking at applying this Autumn at Stanford IPS, Yale Jackson, HKS, Georgetown MSFS, Columbia SIPA, and Princeton WWS, however I am a bit concerned age-wise, which programs skew younger and which older? I will be 29 when I would matriculate... Anyone have any thoughts on this? Similar concerns?

I'm also applying for Fall 2012 admission and I'll be 30 when I matriculate. I think with these being 'professional' degrees, people tend to be late twenties/early thirties rather than a lot of kids straight out of undergrad.

I'm 27 and have already applied and been accepted to the Global Affairs MA program at George Mason, hoping for International Development at American, but yes these programs require relevant experience for admission because they are professional degrees rather than research based, the more you have the better. So naturally the average age for these programs is a bit higher.

Most programs have an average age on their website along with other admission statistics. The average age for these programs tends to be mid-late 20s with some early 20s and some late 20s/early 30s.

I'll be 26 when I start, 28 when I finish. I haven't decided where I'll attend yet but I hope there'll be diversity in ages and experiences among my classmates as I can really benefit from that. I wouldn't let average age be a factor in my decision if I were you.