blog about mfa/grad school searching etc.

jenmariepainter

hey all. ive just created a blog

missjenmarie.livejournal.com

My name's JenMarie and I'm going into my 5th year/BFA candidate at the Cleveland Institute of Art, where I will be attaining a BFA in Painting in May of 2009. This is a really crucial point in my life and career! I need to be thinking about the work I'm making, as I approach my BFA thesis. Also in the process, is.....dun dun dun...grad school. I want to attend grad school. And the process of searching already seemed completely overwhelming. I could spend days at a time online searching and researching schools and programs...but I found more interest in reading blogs from others regarding this same process, or blogs by current students at a school I'm interested in. Alas, the internet is lacking forums and message boards regarding art graduate school programs, so I have found...so I thought, why not contribute...with the hopes of gathering some fellow students/artists in the same position! I will be posting about my concerns, my findings, my research and analysis in regards to grad school...as well as every now and then discussing my own work in preparing for my last year at CIA. I hope to gather a community of people through this via comments and further discussion, even criticism...so please if you come across this blog, please bookmark it, tell your friends, and participate!