European Graduate School MA

Ad Astra

Hello,

I discover EGS's program a half a year ago and was interested in their MA program. I did write a few emails asking for information but finally decided to apply to a grad program in Literature in the States. I had a few great options but finally opted for Columbia. But a few days ago, out of the blue, I was offered admission to EGS's program in Comunication. There's amazing people teaching down there, but currently wondering if a) this is just a scam (I never formally applied) and b)if its absurd to do even consider doing a doctorate in Columbia and the MA in EGS over the summer.

I realy have no idea who to ask for advice. Please help!

Thanks to all!

astra

• 5 months later...

I assume you're talking about the European Graduate School in Switzerland. If that's the case, keep in mind that the application process is not comparable to that of the US.

Saas Fee is an amazing place and the EGS is a very prestigious summer school. As for your second question, it all comes down to your abilities. If you think you can do it and if you can afford it, don't hesitate.

• 1 month later...

What did you decide?

The EGS is well respected, if only for the pedigrees of their faculty. Some schools will let you take EGS credits as part of your program...

It's a totally different ballgame. Personally, I'm inclined to go the route of the tradition program. There are all kinds of support systems that you won't find at a place like EGS. However, if I had a chance to do a term at the EGS and get credit for it, that's the way to go for me.