Tyler

herkind

It's between Tyler and Rutgers for me....not 100% sure, but I'm leaning much more towards Tyler at this point.

The potential funding package at Rutgers is what is making this decision difficult. but I honestly think I'll bond more with Tyler.

Do you have your portfolio online?

Edited by inscho

It's between Tyler and Rutgers for me....not 100% sure, but I'm leaning much more towards Tyler at this point.

The potential funding package at Rutgers is what is making this decision difficult. but I honestly think I'll bond more with Tyler.

Do you have your portfolio online?

yessir, http://www.flickr.com/photos/amelchin/

that's a good chunk of it.

Love it!!!

Are you going for printmaking?

Thank you!

Yes, going for printmaking. But they seem to value interdisciplinary work there, so that's lucky for me.

are you going there?

I've been trying to do that with my schools and haven't had much luck - do you have a resource for that other than the school's website?

ah. perhaps look at alumni success as an an indicator...

try wisconsin at madison

I'm not going anywhere. Maybe next year. Tyler is definitely on my list. I'm maybe leaning toward a three year program though, because I want to study printmaking, but I was an undergrad painting major. I'm doing some etching now, but haven't done litho at all, and I sort of want to come out of school well rounded in all of the major print disciplines.

try to schedule an informal visit - that way they can match the face to the name/portfolio.

Right now the graduate chair is John Hitchcock whom is in the printmaking dept.

portfolio is the most important everything else is secondary.

I think that's my dream program, just from the research I've been able to do online. I think UTK is another. I just hope I can get in somewhere. I seems so hard and I've been away from school for a long time and don't have a lot of recommenders lying around. I stink at networking.

• 2 weeks later...

hey I just wanted to say that I'll be at Penn next year and from what I understand the philly art scene is pretty close knit and a pretty tight community so I'm sure we will be seeing alot of each other over the next couple years with both Penn and Tyler in the area! my website is www.lainegodsey.daportfolio.com! my real name is Laine Godsey... so if you guys want to share your real identities then maybe we could look each other up once in Philly!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys~~

I am going to Tyler for MFA printmaking!

They accepted only four students in Printmaking!

It's very small department. I talk to hester and Dan!

I like Tyler a lot!

I will take care of my deposite in this week.

see you at Tyler!

I gonna fly to Tyler to see current grad students and faculties on thursday!

I am so excited!

thanks!

• 6 months later...

Sorry, I'm a little late to this conversation :) I am applying to Tyler for Fall 2012 and it I am really pulling for it. I was just wondering from anyone that was accepted this year whether or not you included installation or video pieces in your portfolios. I am interested in moving my print practice into installation and wanted to know if anyone else had any pointers or tips for this program in this regard.

Thanks a lot!

-Adam