Top Medical Physics programs

Hi everyone,

For anyone else applying or who is already in a Medical Physics graduate program, I want to ask you guys something. I have been admitted to Florida, VCU, Cincinnati, and Wayne State. If you were to choose from these 4 programs and you wanted to be a clinical physicist, where would you go?

• 4 weeks later...

I narrowed it down to Florida and Wayne State, Florida offered me more funding. I think the funding along with the fact that Florida has one of the few proton therapy centers in the US made me side with Florida.

How about you? What schools were you picking between? PhD or MS?

What did you end up deciding? I also applied for medical physics fall 2011 and accepted at Wayne State.

• 2 weeks later...

I was between Wisconsin and Wayne for my MS -- I'm thinking of doing a residency after rather than a PhD. I'm not sure if that's a quality decision yet or not, but I have backup plans otherwise. I just felt like if I did decide the MS at Wisconsin I wouldn't be a valued student, so I went with Wayne where I liked the faculty and felt more comfortable. Also I didn't get information on funding from either school and Wayne is less expensive, so that played a role for me too.

I narrowed it down to Florida and Wayne State, Florida offered me more funding. I think the funding along with the fact that Florida has one of the few proton therapy centers in the US made me side with Florida.

How about you? What schools were you picking between? PhD or MS?