I-20 application form for Rutgers/UMDNJ Ph.D. in Molecular Biosciences

I'm an international student from India and have been admitted to Rutgers/UMDNJ joint Ph.D. program in Molecular Biosciences. My admission is through UMDNJ and the "Request for I-20" form contains a section for financial documentation. I had provided the financial documentation at the time of application but apparently they need the documents dated no later than 3 months prior to the application. Also being admitted as a Ph.D student I'm being supported with full financial aid and a stipend. Do I need to show any particular amount of funds as proof or is it unnecessary....Please help me out with this.....

I'm an international student from India and have been admitted to Rutgers/UMDNJ joint Ph.D. program in Molecular Biosciences. My admission is through UMDNJ and the "Request for I-20" form contains a section for financial documentation. I had provided the financial documentation at the time of application but apparently they need the documents dated no later than 3 months prior to the application. Also being admitted as a Ph.D student I'm being supported with full financial aid and a stipend. Do I need to show any particular amount of funds as proof or is it unnecessary....Please help me out with this.....

You should contact the international services office (or equivalent) and let them know that you are being funded by the department. They should include this information in the I-20. You can forward them the e-mail where you received your financial offer or ask them to contact your department to verify it.

Also, just to let you know, you should have posted this in IHOG: International House of Grads forum. It's specific for international students and there will be plenty of them that can help you with these issues. smile.gif

You should contact the international services office (or equivalent) and let them know that you are being funded by the department. They should include this information in the I-20. You can forward them the e-mail where you received your financial offer or ask them to contact your department to verify it.

Also, just to let you know, you should have posted this in IHOG: International House of Grads forum. It's specific for international students and there will be plenty of them that can help you with these issues. smile.gif

Hey thanks for the help man......I really appreciate it...