Any words from Harvard DEAS?

Guest grapejuice

Got accepted to applied physics at Harvard through a phone call... no packet in the mail yet. Have been contacted by two professors. Found out last Monday.

Congratulations!!! By last monday, did you mean the 6th or the 13th? May I ask what your concentration in applied physics is?

Thanks for sharing the good news with us :)

Guest LeGuest

Hi everyone,

i applied to DEAS too... for an SM program, Applied Maths. Getting edgy, not surprisingly!

what were ur average GRE verbal scores? i managed a paltry 480 (even tho I'm a US citizen, native speaker, etc etc).. I just bombed my first and only computer adaptive test. should I be worried u guys??!

any advice @ all is appreciated!

:)

Guest meswake

no reply from harvard, DEAS. I have applied for Phd in applied math. I have applied to 11 universities, and have heard from only one of them as yet.

Guest hsuanchi
no reply from harvard, DEAS. I have applied for Phd in applied math. I have applied to 11 universities, and have heard from only one of them as yet.

I applied for bioengineering PhD, and haven't heard anything from DEAS either.

Guest APGuest

Still waiting for Applied Physics at Harvard as well.. getting very worried. Does anyone know how many they admit in a year?

Guest Mr Guest

I came across something that said they admitted 25 to AP last year. If you go through all the DEAS admits on the results page (obsessive, I know) they were all on the 20th and there aren't nearly enough there as a fraction of the total admits compared to other schools.

Guest APGuest

hmm.. i wonder if we all still have a chance... i've heard from all my schools already except Harvard. I wonder if Harvard AP is more competitive than say Cornell AP or Stanford AP or Caltech AP? or are they all equally competitive. any idea?

Guest Mr Guest

I called DEAS yesterday, they told me all decisions would be mailed by GSAS and no e-mails would be sent. GSAS told me they plan to mail out decisions by this friday. I don't know why some e-mails were sent around the 20th but their wesbite states that no admissions decisions would be revealed by phone, fax or e-mail.

As for Caltech AP, I still haven't heard from them but I thought they had the most competitive program in AP.

Guest Guest

I applied for mechanical engineering PhD, and haven't heard any decisions from DEAS. GSAS said that all the decisions would be sent by March 15. Does anyone know how many they admit for this program? Also still no notification from Caltech.

Guest finallynumb03

Anyone decided on going to DEAS for Mechanical Engineering. I'm torn between them and Berkeley.. Any suggestions