UMich - Recommendation for Admission, is it Guaranteed Acceptance?

matchalatte

I believe that means your department recommended you to Rackham....and from what I've heard, that's pretty much a done deal, Rackham is there to put the paperwork together. BUT I could be wrong; UMich confuses me. I was invited to visit back in March, I went, made some good connections....and I haven't heard anything since. :blink:

Hey,

I have been offered recommendation for admission to UMichigan but I have yet to receive the formal admission offer letter. Is there anyone of you experiencing the same thing as me? Would there be any chances that in the end I got rejected?

Thanks!

You're most likely in. Rackham mainly does the paperwork and the formal admission process. You should hear from them in a short while. In my case, it was two days after the 'recommendation' for admission. The 'recommendation' letter was pretty much hinting at certain admission, with phrases such as "We appreciate your interest in our program and we are looking forward to having you here for your graduate studies...." Perhaps yours had a similar tone?

Congrats! It almost certainly means that you have been accepted. Rackham just does the paperwork and I think they may check to make sure you don't have anything in your record to disqualify you from admission, but if the department has recommended you, then that shouldn't be an issue. When did you get the email saying you were recommended for admission? I got my official notice from Rackham about 3 weeks after the department told me I was recommended for admission.

Congrats! It almost certainly means that you have been accepted. Rackham just does the paperwork and I think they may check to make sure you don't have anything in your record to disqualify you from admission, but if the department has recommended you, then that shouldn't be an issue. When did you get the email saying you were recommended for admission? I got my official notice from Rackham about 3 weeks after the department told me I was recommended for admission.

I am seconding newms. It took 3 weeks from getting the phone call from my POI to receiving an official letter from Rackham. Your status also changes on Wolverine Access as well. Sounds like you'll have good news coming your way. Congrats :)

• 9 months later...

I dont know if this thread is active still, nevertheless I have applied to Umich for an MS program in cse for the fall of 2012. Tentatively, when could I expect the decision?

I heard from umich around the middle of this month last year, so perhaps you will hear anytime sometime soon. Good luck!

Edited by newms

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use