Georgetown

HandsomeNerd

I'm exactly the opposite...I want to focus on Culture and Society and take some courses in history and politics (perhaps 2 each). What level of Arabic do you think that you'll be placed in, or maybe do you think that you'll place out? I'm aiming for the Advanced classes.

I actually took the placement exam already, because I was considering taking the summer sequence as a refresher (though I ultimately decided to save money and just work), and I was placed in intermediate. Which is fine by me, I'm somewhat rusty, so I'll definitely be glad to start intensive classes again, no matter the level. Out of curiosity, what's your background? I'm coming directly out of undergrad, having focused on the politics of the Gulf.

MA in Arab Studies (Culture and Society) as well!

I'm exactly the opposite...I want to focus on Culture and Society and take some courses in history and politics (perhaps 2 each). What level of Arabic do you think that you'll be placed in, or maybe do you think that you'll place out? I'm aiming for the Advanced classes.

Where are people thinking about living? A friend of mine (who's also starting the Arab Studies program) and I have been looking at places in Rosslyn, but I'm stuck in school for another two weeks and she's on the other side of the county, so we're not sure when we'll get to seriously look at getting a place.

I'll be there this fall for a Masters of Arts in Security Studies under the SFS. Anyone else in the same boat? I'm starting my housing search as well, so it would be neat to maybe connect with some people in the same program (as long as you're not a psychopath!)

Thanks,

Jon

Okay, so it looks like Georgetown is a go for the fall (I wasn't certain before, was contingent on aid). Now I'm wondering too about housing, especially since I will also be in DC for the summer. How do people intend to go about that search?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll be attending Georgetown in the fall as well. I did get my hoyamail set up but I was never sent any information about user names, email, passwords-- I had to call and speak to couple people before someone gave me the information over the phone. Strange if you ask me.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone received an official offer for FinAid?? I got an email from FinAid with an offer in April, but when I go into Student Access, nada! I wrote them an email a MONTH ago asking what was up and only got an auto-reply the day of stating that they were really busy and not to send another email till I received a response. What the crap?

Has anyone received an official offer for FinAid?? I got an email from FinAid with an offer in April, but when I go into Student Access, nada! I wrote them an email a MONTH ago asking what was up and only got an auto-reply the day of stating that they were really busy and not to send another email till I received a response. What the crap?

Mine was online a while back and I applied pretty late in the process, so I'd definitely follow up on that.