MA Sciences Po, then MPP/MPA?

troika

I was accepted into Sciences Po in Paris, Masters in International Security. I missed the deadline for the international scholarship, but I am a EU citizen and the tuition will be close to $0. Also, I have an offer to teach English at another university in Paris for one year (approx. 10hrs/wk), which I could do besides school to cover my living expenses. Coming straight out of undergrad, this seems like a good option. I have fairly good stats (3.94 gpa from an American university, 730/710/4.5 gre) but no work experience besides two summers of academic research in poli sci/public affairs.

Assuming that I want to get into consulting after I graduate, and possibly return to the US to work for a few years, what would be the value of doing an additional MPP/MPA after an MA? Would the MA make me a more competitive applicant at schools such as HKS or should I find work for a few years before applying to an MPP (which means giving up Sciences Po and the teaching offer and is therefore riskier)?

Thanks!

I was accepted into Sciences Po in Paris, Masters in International Security. I missed the deadline for the international scholarship, but I am a EU citizen and the tuition will be close to $0. Also, I have an offer to teach English at another university in Paris for one year (approx. 10hrs/wk), which I could do besides school to cover my living expenses. Coming straight out of undergrad, this seems like a good option. I have fairly good stats (3.94 gpa from an American university, 730/710/4.5 gre) but no work experience besides two summers of academic research in poli sci/public affairs.

Assuming that I want to get into consulting after I graduate, and possibly return to the US to work for a few years, what would be the value of doing an additional MPP/MPA after an MA? Would the MA make me a more competitive applicant at schools such as HKS or should I find work for a few years before applying to an MPP (which means giving up Sciences Po and the teaching offer and is therefore riskier)?

Thanks!

Hey

I got accepted to the same program as you. I think I will be defering for one year to get another years experience working with an NGO abroad.

The deal on tuition is great (I am also an EU citizen)