How to refuse an offer

WWE

Hi there all!

If I have accepted a graduate offer of admission from one institution and already in Canada with Study permit, can I refuse the offer/not attend that University and attend another University which I have have a late offer of admission?

Will there be any legal problems?

N.B. I have not registered nor submitted tuition fees, I want to refuse the offer before the enrollment date.

Thanks!

Yeah but it's one thing to back out on an offer because you changed your mind about grad school altogether, and another to just run off to another school. At best, you will look bad to the school you're turning down and you're inevitably going to burn bridges. I think part of the reason so many applicants freak out right before the deadline is because a lot of times they have to decide whether to accept a suboptimal offer or hope to get off the waiting list/get funding at their top choices. If you could play both sides of the fence, this board would be significantly less busy.

Yeah but it's one thing to back out on an offer because you changed your mind about grad school altogether, and another to just run off to another school. At best, you will look bad to the school you're turning down and you're inevitably going to burn bridges. I think part of the reason so many applicants freak out right before the deadline is because a lot of times they have to decide whether to accept a suboptimal offer or hope to get off the waiting list/get funding at their top choices. If you could play both sides of the fence, this board would be significantly less busy.

Actually, I want to go to another Institution as it is for PhD (Current offer is for Msc leading to PhD). But the Institution that may offer me the PhD position will do that mid of July, which is near the last moment of applying for VISA for my country.

i'm in the same situation as you sort of except i'm thinking about not going to grad school. as long as you dont sign up for classes or take housing, then you should be fine. On my commitment letter is that I only get the offer if I register for classes...so to be sure call your school and ask

Hello!

As I will be on RA, they will cut the money from my salary. And GC will make me register for courses when I reach there during the enrollment date.

I did apply for On Campus housing, and If I don't go I will loose the initial money I provided.

Let me know if there is any other problems!

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use