Conditional ALA accreditation?

alh7

I was accepted into the University at Buffalo's LIS program for the fall, and I saw that their status as an ALA accredited program is currently conditional. Their next review is in the spring of 2012. Does anybody have more information on what factors made their accreditation conditional? Also, how big of a concern should this be for me as I decide whether or not to go there? (I emailed my advisor, and she said that I would still graduate with an accredited degree even if the program were to lose its accreditation during my time there, but I'm still wondering what this accreditation issue says about the program itself.)

Thanks!

Most (if not almost all) employers require a degree from an ALA accredited school. If the school looses accreditation, even if *your*degree is accredited, I'd be concerned that an employer would see the school, and discard your application thinking you weren't accredited. On the up-side, I interned for 2 librarians that graduated from there within the last 5 years and they had nothing but nice things to say about the program.