NYU GSAS International Relations

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, tralala

I think it depends on your future goal.

If you've got a bachelor degree in political science, and want to work in international org or NGO etc...

NYU may not be your choice owing to it's theory and methodology focus.

Elliott would be more pragmatic, which emphases more on how foreign affairs work.

Admitted into this program and Elliots MA international Affairs. Not sure what to pick. What NYC but Elliot seems to be better!

Hi, tralala

I think it depends on your future goal.

If you've got a bachelor degree in political science, and want to work in international org or NGO etc...

NYU may not be your choice owing to it's theory and methodology focus.

Elliott would be more pragmatic, which emphases more on how foreign affairs work.

Thanks! Thats what i thought. But Elliot grads seem to end up on the fed govt. As an international student thats not an option for me. Also is it normal to have primarily evening classes? Cause thats what Elliot seems to have as it wants it students interning during the day. Something else i cant do as an international student (not allowed to work more than 20 hours a week)

Wasnt aware that NYU was more theory based. Their website isnt half as informative!

Hi,

I also got accepted into GSAS-International relations program. Have you heard anything else about the program? I was looking on their webiste as well and searching blogs, but I can't seem to find much info about how well the school is. I know overall NYU is great, but i would also like more info about the program. I think I heard it was a new program. I want to know what opportunities it has over other schools in DC.

I also got accepted to American Univ. and trying to decide between the two.

If you hear anything else about the school or if anyone else has any input, please feel free to reply.

Thank you!