Has anyone failed the approval of university admissions office

weng

I received a letter from Kent State U, Liquid Crystal Institute ,telling me that they decide to admit me into their graduate program, but they will send me the official offer letter only after their university admission office approve my admission.

The problem is I have waited for the result of approval more than ten days, still no result or official offer letter now.

And today April 30 is the deadline when I have to response to university of missouri- columbia's physics program offer. I feel I like the Kent State's program more. But if I decline the offer of missouri, and then if I failed the approval of Kent State univerisity admissions, that will be horrible news to me.

So who can tell me is there any possibility that will I fail the approval?

My TOEFL is 81( speaking 15)

GRE verbal 380

Q 800

Physics Sub 890

GPA 3.47

Thanks!

I received a letter from Kent State U, Liquid Crystal Institute ,telling me that they decide to admit me into their graduate program, but they will send me the official offer letter only after their university admission office approve my admission.

The problem is I have waited for the result of approval more than ten days, still no result or official offer letter now.

And today April 30 is the deadline when I have to response to university of missouri- columbia's physics program offer. I feel I like the Kent State's program more. But if I decline the offer of missouri, and then if I failed the approval of Kent State univerisity admissions, that will be horrible news to me.

GRE verbal 380

Q 800

Physics Sub 890

GPA 3.47

Thanks!

I think there's a very small chance you'd not be approved by the university admission office. However, you want to be sure (glitches/mix-ups are always possible), and with the deadline already here... I think you should just call the Kent State department ASAP!

GRE verbal 380

Q 800

Physics Sub 890

GPA 3.47

Thanks!

Call them NOW and you'll clear everything.

I SAY CALL THEM ASAP

i was in the same position and waited till after the deadline .... and guess what? it was a rejection from the grad division.

I'm still fighting, calling and emailing them to clarify the issue because it was unfair. i didn't yet get the official rejection though ;(