Teaching abroad next year...any way this will help me in my app?

All right, a little background: I have two jobs, one as a film and TV freelancer (entry level stuff but I've had some pretty high profile clients) and then another as a substitute teacher. I love both fields equally in very different ways...on one hand, I feel like I've discovered my dream career in media - I love it, and I seem to have a natural flair for it - but on the other hand, I've been working with kids since I was one myself, from babysitter to camp counselor to nanny to substitute teacher. Now, I'm being offered a job in South Korea for a year, and I'm very strongly leaning toward it. I can definitely see myself falling into teaching for a second career, but my graduate plans and primary goal is to work with digital media.

Since I'm applying to graduate school in media studies, I'm wondering if my teaching over there for a year might help my app at all? I realize it's in a totally different field and will be essentially be involving my field not at all, but is there any way this might help? I have a very sharp upward trend in my undergraduate GPA after a rough first year and a half of college, so I'm not too worried about my GPA, but I am worried that I won't be as competitive since I don't anticipate having strong academic references, since I was a student in mostly classes of 250+ my first two years, and then an online student my last half of college. So really, at this point, I'm just keeping an eye out for anything to makes me a stronger candidate, and I was hoping to get some opinions from anyone who might know whether or not an "adventure" like this might be a boost, even if it is unrelated to my field.