Reputation of certain Colleges

Gecko

Anyone know if the New School of General Studies in NYC has a good reputation, in terms of quality of education, and how prospective employers view it? I'm thinking of doing a masters in media studies there but don't want to waste money and time if its no good. Any insight would be great

Currently I'm doing two years of service with City Year New York and would go to college after next year. I want to go to a school in NYC, my ultimate goal is either NYU or Columbia. However, I wouldn't mind transferring..The New School is well known in NYC so transferring could be easier.

Some Pros..

-65% girls, a lot of them are 8/10+

-Great political science program(my major would be..)

-Dorming in Greenwich Village, NYC

-Transferring may be easier for me than going to a CC in NJ and THEN attempting to transfer to CU or NYU

Some Cons..

-Very liberal school, I plan to join the military..all I need to say

-Seems to have the douchebag artsy vibe to it

Currently I'm doing two years of service with City Year New York and would go to college after next year. I want to go to a school in NYC, my ultimate goal is either NYU or Columbia. However, I wouldn't mind transferring..The New School is well known in NYC so transferring could be easier.

Some Pros..

-65% girls, a lot of them are 8/10+

-Great political science program(my major would be..)

-Dorming in Greenwich Village, NYC

-Transferring may be easier for me than going to a CC in NJ and THEN attempting to transfer to CU or NYU

Some Cons..

-Very liberal school, I plan to join the military..all I need to say

-Seems to have the douchebag artsy vibe to it

The New School is a smaller school with relatively high standards for admission and transfer. At Columbia, they only accept transfer students into their General Studies program, not Columbia College proper.

Is the New School considered a good school to go to? I'm from Ireland so I don't really know what the general consensus is in relation to the different american colleges. I'm looking to do the Ma in media if anyone has any insight to it? Thomaslues I heard that there was a very arty/douchebag vibe there aswel, don't know if I could handle all that lol but if it was a good school I'd definitely consider it.

Is the New School considered a good school to go to? I'm from Ireland so I don't really know what the general consensus is in relation to the different american colleges. I'm looking to do the Ma in media if anyone has any insight to it? Thomaslues I heard that there was a very arty/douchebag vibe there aswel, don't know if I could handle all that lol but if it was a good school I'd definitely consider it.

Short answer: yes. It's a very well-regarded school, and a degree from there will look good.

Any similar program around here will probably have the same arty/douchebag vibe, so I wouldn't let that influence your decision.

The New School is a smaller school with relatively high standards for admission and transfer. At Columbia, they only accept transfer students into their General Studies program, not Columbia College proper.

Hi natsteel

I am unaware of it,thanks for the information.