ford foundation fellowships

Guest guest

i'm in california. no news today. i'm tempted to call or email and see if they'd tell me my status. but then...i'm also too scared to do that!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest
I Dare you to call :twisted:

i emailed. oh, god. i'm worried they'll just write back, "Sorry, no dice" and then i'll have nothing to look forward to...

Guest same guest

...athough...

they've probably gone home for the day, huh? since it's a holiday weekend and it's friday and all...

Guest guest
i wonder if the acceptances were sent out first. and we're all sitting around waiting for rejections.

:?

i wouldnt be surprised.

Guest still pissed

I meant damn it that today is a holiday(Good Friday), which is why I'm at home and not a work. But I don't think it's a federal holiday if the post office is still open. Hmmph!

Guest guest

i wouldnt be surprised.

or maybe it's random. or alphabetical. or maybe rejections went out first b/c there were more of them.

Guest guest

I've tried to access the directory of Ford Fellows, but all of the seemingly relevant links on the NRC pages are out of date. I would like to look up some past winners and see how I "stack up". Do any of you have a current link to the directory of past awardees?

Guest guest

I got my letter today. It says I am an alternate and my application will be reviewed in the event that an awardee declines the fellowship. I hope that is a good thing, since I bet many folks who are awarded this fellowship also got one from NSF. This means another month of waiting. I am just glad I didn't get shut out. Good luck to everyone else.

Guest guest
I got my letter today. It says I am an alternate and my application will be reviewed in the event that an awardee declines the fellowship. I hope that is a good thing, since I bet many folks who are awarded this fellowship also got one from NSF. This means another month of waiting. I am just glad I didn't get shut out. Good luck to everyone else.

1. where are you located?

2. what is your field?

3. did you apply for the NSF? (and if so, what was your outcome?)

Guest guest

Can you tell a little about your stats?

Guest not disappointed

I just received my letter today, Texas, and I was waitlisted, aka Honorable Mention, which is where I will stay unless some people start declining. The Honorable Mention List will be sent to the graduate deans of doctorate-granting schools and will be posted on the homepage.

They said that they received 970 predoctoral award applications, and could give out only 60 awards.