NSF GRFP

timuralp

i think some people had seen this before elsewhere, but the fastlane login page now says this:

GRFP will be unavailable Sunday, April 5 from 5:00PM ET until 12:00AM ET on Monday, April 6 for scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience. 2009 NSF Graduate Research Fellowship awards will be announced in early April. We apologize for the delays.

maybe we'll get lucky on monday... here's to not worrying about it this weekend

i think some people had seen this before elsewhere, but the fastlane login page now says this:

Man, they'd better be putting the results up during that time from 5 pm April 5th to Monday at 12 am...but I don't have high hopes.

Waiting UC Berkeley? I was too last year, then I called and they promptly sent me my rejection, as I had mentioned in an earlier post...

yep, I posted this earlier. I agree, this made me realize we won't get results until at least Tuesday.

Who wants to guess dates? I'm guessing we find out thursday the 9th.

yep, I posted this earlier. I agree, this made me realize we won't get results until at least Tuesday.

I am guessing that they will post it on Tuesday.

FYI NSF page is down 230 am mountain time {430 eastern} Friday night. 230 on a Friday and I'm still at school. Don't judge me.

it does that every night at exactly the same time, don't take it seriously..

(i have a python script monitoring the award page for changes)

Ah. Well that script sure is a better excuse than being up a 430 checking the page :lol:

yeah, it emails me whenever something odd happens, so that's how i know about the downtimes (they might be in this thread as well).

anyway, don't worry about it for a couple days..

12:00AM is the first minute to begin the 24 hours of a day, so if they are down until 12AM Monday we should theoretically receive word by Monday morning. By Tuesday the site would have been back up for a full 24 hours, and surely if they took the site down for seven hours to *potentially* post results they wouldn't make us wait for one more full day. They couldn't be THAT out-of-sync with our needs.

hmmm :lol:

For some reason when I read it I mistakenly thought that the site would be down until Monday night, not Monday at 12 a.m. So yes, maybe they will recognize our needs and post them Monday! Here's hoping!

Sorry if this bursts anyone's bubble...but I believe that the scheduled maintenance on Sunday night occurred last sunday as well. While I remain hopeful for Monday, I wouldn't hold my breath. If you did every time NSF missed a "deadline", you'd be dead several times by now. Instead, why not start working on your proposed research to pass the time. After all, it's out of our hands at this point...but the results of our work are still in our control. I'm sure most people are concerned with the results more than the money any how; it's easier to make 31K in almost any career other than science.

You're all delusional for thinking this downtime is a good sign. They're probably beefing up security so the rating sheets and award announcements stop leaking out. Such leaks were the best thing you could have hoped for in the next three days, since the awardee list hasn't reached the GRF operations center yet. And now the leakage will cease :/ Terrific.

leaksmall.tif

They couldn't be THAT out-of-sync with our needs.

That's rich.

You're all delusional for thinking this downtime is a good sign. They're probably beefing up security so the rating sheets and award announcements stop leaking out. Such leaks were the best thing you could have hoped for in the next three days, since the awardee list hasn't reached the GRF operations center yet. And now the leakage will cease :/ Terrific.

[comic]

That's rich.

i agree here.

also sweet comic.

That's rich.

I agree we probably will not see it Monday, but I wonder if it could cause the leakage of something like rating sheets again! Didnt they have a downtime a week before the release last year? I cant remember if it was this or something else. Regardless, there was no correlation to a release.

okay, so i know i have a really small chance of getting the grf, but i was so anxious about hearing back that i don't know what to do with myself until then. except distract myself. a lot.

how sad. :lol:

I remember my undergrad college got lists of undergrads/graduates who had applied,not the entire list.

based on his response, he might not have gotten it (atleast I would have been more ecstatic. Go out and have fun in that case..=), you got into some great schools anyways).