NSF GRFP

timuralp

Everyone...

CHECK YOUR EMAILS!!!!!

Because I just got something in mine that said:

Dear _________:

This message is being sent to let you know that you have been accepted as a winner of the 2009 GRFP.

Wow, you're a winner of the whole GRF Program? Incredible!

Dr Bones,

Do you intend to study bones in order to solve murder mysteries?

Unfortunately no, I will not be going into forensics. I only deal with very old bones. I do enjoy the television show "Bones" though, and my cat is named Dr. Bones. :D

Fine, don't believe me. But I did receive it, like it or not.

I would love to believe you. And there's a very easy way to make me believe: send a screenshot of the page you get after you click the "Accept fellowship" link.

Just FYI, this is what a real notification email looks like (from last year)... Nothing like the fake.

National Science Foundation

Division of Graduate Education

4201 Wilson Boulevard

Arlington, Virginia 22230

April 2, 2008

Name

Address

City, State Zip

US

Application Number: 10000*****

Dear Name:

Your application for a National Science Foundation (NSF) Graduate Research Fellowship has been evaluated. Although the Foundation is unable to offer you a fellowship, it is my pleasure to inform you that you have been accorded an Honorable Mention. Unless you have previously requested otherwise, your name will be included in the Honorable Mention list that will be posted at https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/grfp/.

Applicants receiving Honorable Mention are provided enhanced access to cyberinfrastructure resources, including supercomputing time, through the NSF-supported TeraGrid. More information on cyberinfrastructure resources available to GRF students is available at: http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/UserInfo/Train ... shops/GRFP. Instructions on requesting resources are detailed in the last presentation in the Presentations Archive.

Applications were reviewed according to the NSF Merit Review Criteria of Intellectual Merit and Broader Impacts. To review the rating sheets that were completed for your application, please visit the GRF Operations Center website at https://www.nsfgradfellows.org/ratingsheets/login

Username: 10000*****

Password: **********

If you have questions concerning this action, you may send an e-mail to grfp@nsf.gov . Congratulations and I wish you success in the pursuit of your graduate studies.

Sincerely,

Ms. Carol F. Stoel

Acting Division Director

Unfortunately no, I will not be going into forensics. I only deal with very old bones. I do enjoy the television show "Bones" though, and my cat is named Dr. Bones. :D

So Dr. Bones,

Will you travel the world to ancient cultural sites setting up tents and digging up large craters? That seems very adventurous!

well, can you log in on fastlate and does is tell you that you are a fellow? can you see you rating sheets?

I've been getting a 404 error ever since I tried logging in immediately after receiving the email. I hope it's not a scam/phishing attack, although I don't see what they stand to gain by directing me to a broken website :lol: .

I've been lurking every couple days for a few weeks now. I created an account for the sole purpose of calling bulls**t on that one. Looks like by the time I registered everyone's beat me to it.

Just FYI, this is what a real notification email looks like (from last year)... Nothing like the fake.

National Science Foundation

4201 Wilson Boulevard

Arlington, Virginia 22230

April 2, 2008

Name

Address

City, State Zip

US

Application Number: 10000*****

Dear Name:

Your application for a National Science Foundation (NSF) Graduate Research Fellowship has been evaluated. Although the Foundation is unable to offer you a fellowship, it is my pleasure to inform you that you have been accorded an Honorable Mention. Unless you have previously requested otherwise, your name will be included in the Honorable Mention list that will be posted at https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/grfp/.

Applicants receiving Honorable Mention are provided enhanced access to cyberinfrastructure resources, including supercomputing time, through the NSF-supported TeraGrid. More information on cyberinfrastructure resources available to GRF students is available at: http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/UserInfo/Train ... shops/GRFP. Instructions on requesting resources are detailed in the last presentation in the Presentations Archive.

Applications were reviewed according to the NSF Merit Review Criteria of Intellectual Merit and Broader Impacts. To review the rating sheets that were completed for your application, please visit the GRF Operations Center website at https://www.nsfgradfellows.org/ratingsheets/login

Username: 10000*****

Password: **********

If you have questions concerning this action, you may send an e-mail to grfp@nsf.gov . Congratulations and I wish you success in the pursuit of your graduate studies.

Sincerely,

Ms. Carol F. Stoel

Acting Division Director

hmmm. last summer when I was interning at NIH I stood in in front of this building on wilson blvd. so close and soo far away...

I've been lurking every couple days for a few weeks now. I created an account for the sole purpose of calling bulls**t on that one. Looks like by the time I registered everyone's beat me to it.

has anyone seen plisar or whatever his name was that said he had the list for his department? I still believe he was full of it. :evil:

One of my friends tried to punk me late last week. It's very simple to fake the "from" field of an e-mail address to make an e-mail look like it arrived from somewhere else. That's all I'm saying.

One of my friends tried to punk me late last week. It's very simple to fake the "from" field of an e-mail address to make an e-mail look like it arrived from somewhere else. That's all I'm saying.

Did you actually get a fake NSF email, or just a fake email. If NSF doesn't inform us tomorrow then a few of my friends might be getting a similar email.

I would love to believe you. And there's a very easy way to make me believe: send a screenshot of the page you get after you click the "Accept fellowship" link.

Where would this screen actually be? I haven't received anything, and this is my first year applying.

PS I found gradcafe on Monday, this place is great (or at least a great time waster)