NSF GRFP

timuralp

lol, I understand. I realized that in my earlier posts I was being impatient. Now I am trying to do homework and experiments and not worry AS much about NSF (but I am still here, so obviously I am thinking about it enough)!

yeah 15 more pages to go until my release prediction page #!

15min until they go home for the night. I wonder if they can sleep at night knowing that they are torching thousands of grad students.

PLEASE NSF LET US GET BACK TO PLANNING AND CONDUCTING EXPERIMENTS INSTEAD OF SURFING THE NET AND CALLING THE CALL CENTER FOR NEWS FOR HOURS EACH DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15min until they go home for the night. I wonder if they can sleep at night knowing that they are torching thousands of grad students.

PLEASE NSF LET US GET BACK TO PLANNING AND CONDUCTING EXPERIMENTS INSTEAD OF SURFING THE NET AND CALLING THE CALL CENTER FOR NEWS FOR HOURS EACH DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, who is stopping you from doing this anyway?

I sure can't sleep. See you all tomorrow!~

I'm sorry, who is stopping you from doing this anyway?

Verily, goode shaydlip, thy words hath yet again brought a smile to mine lips. These simple minded fools who doth vex thee and I art but dust in the Abbey of Montfranc. Forsooth! Should they not cease their folly, 'twould be but just for the forces of good and light to cleave their skulls in twain for the greater good. Truly thou art wise! Thou shant burn in hell for many eternities in manner like that of superchuchubu, CuriousD, and the chestnut chap. Forsooth! The hour of their eternal damnation dost draw nigh! Preceded it shall be by bursts of trumpets, tambourines, and glockenspiels! Immediately thereafter, three demons of fyre shalt rise from the deep to on high, and wilt exclaim, "Lo! The synnyrs shalt burn in hell! All hail their miserable demyse!" And upon these words, all mankind, from Prince John and Little John to t_ruth and Martin of London shalt raise their voices in a praise to the glory of the happening. For so I do prophesy!

new on NSF GRFP page:

"GRFP will be unavailable from 11:00 PM ET Thursday, April 9th until 1:00 AM ET Friday, April 10th for scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience. 2009 NSF Graduate Research Fellowship awards will be announced in early April. We apologize for the delays. "

new on NSF GRFP page:

"GRFP will be unavailable from 11:00 PM ET Thursday, April 9th until 1:00 AM ET Friday, April 10th for scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience. 2009 NSF Graduate Research Fellowship awards will be announced in early April. We apologize for the delays. "

I have real hope this time -- "scheduled maintenance," I know, but they also must be rushing for get things in tonight, so the NSDEG people who get the NSF as well can have some time to choose which one they want.

I have real hope this time -- "scheduled maintenance," I know, but they also must be rushing for get things in tonight, so the NSDEG people who get the NSF as well can have some time to choose which one they want.

don't hope, you know they're just messing with us.

Vice, your link isn't working for me. If it had this year's applicant number, do you remember approx. what it said?

8582 applicants

but the text says

"In 2008, National Science Foundation funded 913 Graduate Research Fellows out of 8146 eligible submitted applications."

don't hope, you know they're just messing with us.

This was discussed a few pages back. Scheduled maitenance has happened a couple of times before, without posting anything. In addition, last year's awards were posted at 9am and the year before at 3pm. It appears as though someone really does need to push the big red button and it will be posted then.

The Power... THE POWER!!!

Vice, your link isn't working for me. If it had this year's applicant number, do you remember approx. what it said?

Direct link fails. Just go to the main page, then "About the Program" on the side, and then click "Statistics and Past Recipients".

The links to that page are weird, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

I had to mess around with nsfgrfp.org vs nsfgraduatefellowships.org and https vs http.

You can find a copy of the page on google's Cache if you search for it.

Hi all, I've been lurking around since the good old days when this thread had only 13 pages.

I decided to finally post something to help some people maintain their sanity :P

From what I understand (which has been stated repeatedly already), NSF does not appear to have a budget yet. Not only GRFP budget, but NSF as a whole.

I'm as impatient as everybody else, but it's not just us waiting, professors are also waiting for grants. There's even some people whose grant has already run out and their waiting in limbo until NSF gets a budget and can renew it.

Anyways, I just thought people might feel better to know that it's not just (future) grads being put on hold, but faculty at all levels appear to be waiting for their money as well.

Hopefully everything gets straightened out and we get news soon!

Hi all, I've been lurking around since the good old days when this thread had only 13 pages.

I decided to finally post something to help some people maintain their sanity.

I laugh when I think of the number of folks that created accounts just for this thread. I saw another one earlier-- "nsfhopeful" I believe his handle was. Your handle is "nobudget," which is quite particular to your post. It would be grand if the two of you climb the ranks to gradcafe forum czars (or "baristas," as they are affectionately titled here), but grander if someday you had to explain the story behind your handles. :)

I saw another one earlier-- "nsfhopeful" I believe his handle was.

Once again, everyone assumes it's all guys on here! Nope, I'm a girl. :)

I created my handle just for this thread. No real story behind it. I'm a first year applicant, but it's my last chance to apply. I heard about this fellowship from someone else last spring and thought I'd give it a shot. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I can't help it. I even had a dream I got my rating sheets back and they were awful.