Which one is the best choice in E.E program?

Guest Okatta

Guest Okatta

I has admitted to Washington University, Case Western University, and Ohio State University. The three are best graduate schools in this field. Please compare the academic fame, prospective career, faculty reputation and activity,educational quality, and funding among three schools and rank them. Explain your ntion and your criterion to me, an international student. I need the suggestion from both native students and international students. (plz note native or international)

Guest Guest

According to Usnews graduate rankings in Electrical Engineering

T44. Case Western 3.1

T38 Washington University in St. Louis (WashU) 3.3

T24 Ohio State 3.6

Specialty Rankings: These rankings are based solely on assessments by department heads in each specialty area. Department heads in their specialty area rated the other schools that offered a doctoral degree in the specialty on a 5-point scale. Those schools with the highest average scores appear here. Names of department heads came from the American Society for Engineering Education. Rankings were out of 168 with Electrical/Electronic/Communications engineering.

If the schools were normalized to 100 then Case Western would be 26, Washington University would be 20, and Ohio State would be 14.

Personally, if the financial aid offers were equal I would go to WashU The other two would be a toss-up. Also you should go to each department's website and see if their current research interests match yours. Check out http://www.studentsreview.com for reviews on these schools. Also check out http://www.petersons.com they have financial aid data on each engineering department. Maybe call the graduate director and ask them, and email current graduate students at each school to find out their opinion.