NYU General Psychology MA

Hello,

Has anyone heard back from NYU's General Psychology MA? I have been waiting and it's getting later and later in the year. I have offers from other schools including Northeastern and USC, but I am still waiting on NYU.

Has anyone got in? If so, and if you do not mind, would you share your stats so I have a good idea of the candidates that they accept? Has anyone gone through this program? What are your thoughts?

Thank you!

Hello,

Has anyone heard back from NYU's General Psychology MA? I have been waiting and it's getting later and later in the year. I have offers from other schools including Northeastern and USC, but I am still waiting on NYU.

Has anyone got in? If so, and if you do not mind, would you share your stats so I have a good idea of the candidates that they accept? Has anyone gone through this program? What are your thoughts?

Thank you!

On April 27th I received an email stating that I did not get in. I thought that was fairly late to hear back. Have you been in contact with anyone in the department? Also, you can get a pretty good idea of their usual timing by exploring the results survey ("NYU" + "psychology": http://thegradcafe.c...logy&t=a&o=&p=1). Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

They sent me an acceptance letter on June 7th and I turned in my application a few days before the deadline of May 15th.

My stats:

GRE: 1360

GPA: 3.6

major GPA: 3.8

I found this other GradCafe thread on the MA program:

Hope this helps.

Hello,

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

I will be applying to graduate schools this coming year for Fall of 2012 (I graduate June 2012) and I was wondering what you guys thought of the program application process and the competitiveness of acceptance. I was specifically interested in the Social and Consumer Psychology Specialization; are any of you familiar with it? I'm really interested in the psychology of human behavior and decision making as well as consumer psychology, so it sounded like a perfect fit. Does anyone have an advice or thoughts on the program in general or specifically the specialization? Thanks!!