When will applications be out?

I'm eager to start working on MSW applications this summer and I was wondering when schools release them for the upcoming year. In particular, I'm interested in applying to Columbia's accelerated program that starts in January and Michigan's program that starts in Fall 2012.

Thanks!

Edited by ChristineGoBlue

• 2 weeks later...

Most come out September/October but you may want to call individual departments to find out. I started my personal statements in the summer. The personal statement questions are all pretty similar: why do you want to be a social worker. Share your social work-related experiences. Identify a social injustice you have encountered. Why is this program a good fit. Tell us about your experiences working with diverse client populations etc etc. I actually found it helpful to write down some of my more profound moments leading up to my decision to go into social work--it's amazing what you remember once you start writing.

Good luck!

I'm eager to start working on MSW applications this summer and I was wondering when schools release them for the upcoming year. In particular, I'm interested in applying to Columbia's accelerated program that starts in January and Michigan's program that starts in Fall 2012.

Thanks!