Does this count as a paper submission

Amogh

I am a part of the team from my college that is attempting the IARC 6th Mission. We are required to present a paper on indoor autonomous navigation at the symposium that takes place along with the competition. And all of us on the team contributed parts to the paper(each person wrote about his module on the bot). So technically we're all first authors. lol.

Now, i do know that the IARC is considered a pretty advanced competition and everything but i am trying to get into Graphics or Systems research and not really in Robotics. I was involved in systems on this project as well. So my query is two-fold:

a) Does this count as a paper submission?(It was required that we submit the paper for the competition)

B) Will it be of any use to me on my application? Does the IARC hold such prestige? If so, is this relevant to Graphics/Systems too?

Any info on how people regard IARC will be awesome. :D

Thanks in advance

I would definitly mention it on your application. As even if it does not have a direct connection to your chosen research interests it shows research experience and work on a large project. Both things I suspect when people are choosing students to fund are things they look for.

I have never heard of IARC until your post, but it definitely looks neat. Hope your team does well, and since you will be competing against teams from good schools those schools would have definitely heard of it adding to its prestige.

I would definitly mention it on your application. As even if it does not have a direct connection to your chosen research interests it shows research experience and work on a large project. Both things I suspect when people are choosing students to fund are things they look for.

I have never heard of IARC until your post, but it definitely looks neat. Hope your team does well, and since you will be competing against teams from good schools those schools would have definitely heard of it adding to its prestige.

That kinda sums up what i thought too. :D.. hehe.. thanks.

Depends what section on your CV you want to put it.

It shouldn't go under "publications", as those are usually reserved for peer-reviewed/published papers. A "submitted" paper on your CV usually means it has been submitted to a journal for peer-review.

I wouldn't see anything amiss with putting it under "Presentations", though.

Depends what section on your CV you want to put it.

It shouldn't go under "publications", as those are usually reserved for peer-reviewed/published papers. A "submitted" paper on your CV usually means it has been submitted to a journal for peer-review.

I wouldn't see anything amiss with putting it under "Presentations", though.

Good point. I will do that. I actually started this topic to assess the impact of IARC on my application but doesnt seem like any1's ever heard of it lol. :D..

Do any of you think professors will actually take the time to look up IARC if they have not heard of it and i describe it quite well (top10 schools participate in it and it is organised by a prof from Gatech so...) in my application?