Oh Crap! Freaking out to the point Im sick

pg86

Ok well even though my school hasn't gotten back to me yet I suffer from Accute paranoia and Im in an get them before they get me sorta mood so heres what happened. It would appear I have a requirement to make up for my BA its just a senior seminar course.

I was filling out the application for graduation (reapplying) and I read on the back this line "if already registered as a graduate for any future term after the term in which the student has applied for graduation the student must drop courses and reapply to graduation another term" Help..does that mean I need to sit out a semester before making up the requirement!?!?!? Im about to resign my lease on my apartment today one of those life decisions you have to make that it doesn't help your university to take their sweet time about telling you whats outstanding. So if someone could clear that up for me that'd be great I mean I bout cried when I read that but it really doesn't make any sense to make someone sit out a semester it's not like I failed the class what I did was not got a C- out of it. someone help please...?

Ok well even though my school hasn't gotten back to me yet I suffer from Accute paranoia and Im in an get them before they get me sorta mood so heres what happened. It would appear I have a requirement to make up for my BA its just a senior seminar course.

I was filling out the application for graduation (reapplying) and I read on the back this line "if already registered as a graduate for any future term after the term in which the student has applied for graduation the student must drop courses and reapply to graduation another term" Help..does that mean I need to sit out a semester before making up the requirement!?!?!? Im about to resign my lease on my apartment today one of those life decisions you have to make that it doesn't help your university to take their sweet time about telling you whats outstanding. So if someone could clear that up for me that'd be great I mean I bout cried when I read that but it really doesn't make any sense to make someone sit out a semester it's not like I failed the class what I did was not got a C- out of it. someone help please...?

If I'm interpreting that line at all correctly I feel like it might mean that you can't apply for graduation while you still have to first take a whole class. Like if you haven't met all of the requirements for graduation you can't apply to graduate at the end of whatever term you're closing in on. I'm not sure why you'd have to sit out a whole semester before making up the requirement, couldn't you do it right after this one and apply for graduation at then end of it? Will the course take an entire semester? So is right that you got a C- in the senior seminar course and have to retake it? What's the minimum grade for fulfilling the senior sem requirement? If it's a C, maybe there's something you can work out with the professor, like doing an extra paper to get your final grad up, if you do it fast and do it well there might be a chance you'll satisfy the professor and he/she will give you the pass to graduate. But you might also want to contact your adviser as soon as possible for clarification.

Edited by Mal83

Yeah, I think you'll have to get clarification from your school, since that sentence is so convoluted, especially out of context, that I don't think anybody here will be able to parse the meaning. I have no idea what "registered as a graduate" means, unless it means registered to graduate after completing the term. Or else it's using 'graduate' as short for the status of 'having graduated', but then I don't really consider someone already graduated as still 'registered'. So, it seems to say that, for instance, if you're 'registered as a graduate' for fall 2011 (graduating after completion of that term), and had applied for graduation during summer 2011 (or spring, whatever the term prior to Fall), that you must drop the summer 2011 courses (or Fall 2011?) and apply to graduate later than Fall 2011.

Which makes absolutely no sense to me.

• 9 months later...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use