UC Davis & Pet Owners

dendrogirl

I'm starting a phd program at UC Davis in the fall (statistics). I have a small dog, just wondering if there are other students out there with pets?

I thought it might be nice to get to know other pet-owners (sorry if you're opposed to the term "owner") and possibly help each other out with occasional pet sitting and dog walks. It would be nice to have a network of responsible people to turn to when we need to be out of town for a conference or whatever.

I am moving to Davis from out of state, and what I've read about Davis apartments has me really worried about committing to a place without seeing it first. This worry has caused me to look in surrounding cities, where I have found plenty of apartments that allow pets. I'm actually making a roadtrip from Seattle next week to check out apartments. Wish me luck

Edited by dendrogirl

Dendro, try using the Davis Wiki as a resource. My husband and I made the rounds at the pet friendly apartments and our top choices were Davis Townhouse Apartments, Cranbrook Apartments, and Sycamore Lane Garden Apartments.

My husband and I grew up in the Bay Area and made frequent trips to Davis in high school. Let me know if we can answer any questions about the surrounding cities. The traffic on 80 has really become out of control in the past decade or so.