Funding an Online Program

Sorry if this topic has already been started--I looked everywhere and didn't find it, but feel free to point me in the right direction!

Did anyone receive scholarships/grants/assistantships/etc for an online program? I'm wondering how that works since you're not on campus.

There's only one ALA accredited program in my state and I doubt we'll be moving so I will be applying to SJSU and other out of state online programs.

Thank you : )

• 3 weeks later...

I got a couple of answers to this question on another college forum, but I'm still interested in answers from all of you here on grad cafe! I don't know what I'll do if I can't get financial aid for an online program : /

• 2 weeks later...

Hi summerkiss!

I'm also attending an online program for similar reasons. For funding, it really depends on the university that runs it. Make sure that the university offers financial aid for its online program. One of the reasons I didn't apply to UPitt was because no financial aid is offered to online students.

For Masters programs, the bulk of funding is usually loans. Grants and scholarships are much more scarce for Master students. In fact, depending on the college, your entire aid package may be loans.