800score.com GRE Math section?

policywonk64

How helpful are 800score.com tests for the math section of the GRE?

If I took like 20 of their tests and worked on understanding those problems, how helpful do you think it would be?

Also, how close an indicator are their scores to the real GRE math section?

P.S. I'm scoring between a 500 and 600 right now. I'm also working with the Nova book. I get the math but I seem to forget it when they give me the different styles of questions / time pressure. When I say "I get the math" i mean that when i look at the answer explanations I go "Oh, duh."

Thanks!

I have to say that the 800score.com quant sections were NOTHING like the actual quant section. The types of questions being asked were really different. The 800score.com tests were heavily oriented toward word problems and solving systems of equations. There was almost no geometry, no data analysis. The actual quant section had a lot more of those and a lot less of the word problems and systems of equations.

Other than the first 800score quant section, which I screwed up, I got 800s on the 800score quant sections, and I got an 800 on the actual test, but I don't think they had much to do with each other.

It's particularly odd because I found the 800score verbal to be very true to the actual verbal.

I have to say that the 800score.com quant sections were NOTHING like the actual quant section. The types of questions being asked were really different. The 800score.com tests were heavily oriented toward word problems and solving systems of equations. There was almost no geometry, no data analysis. The actual quant section had a lot more of those and a lot less of the word problems and systems of equations.

Other than the first 800score quant section, which I screwed up, I got 800s on the 800score quant sections, and I got an 800 on the actual test, but I don't think they had much to do with each other.

It's particularly odd because I found the 800score verbal to be very true to the actual verbal.

Agreed. The 800score.com quant tests were nothing like the real thing. Your best bet is to get an actual GRE study book and work through those problems as they are updated every year with a new edition. I recommend Barrons. I also bought the Kaplan "Guide to an 800: Advanced Math" but found Barrons to be much more useful.

Best of luck!