New GRE really soon, not so much time to study

gigimorales

Hey !

I'm registered for the new GRE on Sept 12th.

I just decided 10 days ago, and the books are on the way. I'm a candidate for a really tough scholarship, and I need to "ace" the GRE to be able to earn it.

I only have 3 hours per day for studying during the weekdays, and 6 hours on sat and sun.

I don't know how to start. I'm not sure if I have plenty of time to get (150 Q) (160 + V).

Any tips?

I would think 27 hours a week of studying from now until September 12th would either kill your or get you that perfect score, so I wouldn't worry about time. Having never taken the GRE I can't really give you THAT much advice, but the sample questions I've done remind me very much of my grade 12 diploma exams, so I don't think it would be that difficult to get a very good score with the amount of preparation you seem to plan to do.

That sounds like plenty of time to me... Like the above poster said, I don't see how you could possibly sustainably study for longer than that! If it's any comfort, I'm studying probably an average of 2 hours per weekday atm, and so far I haven't studied much on the weekend at all (gonna change that soon though). Just started studying two weeks ago. I'm also shooting for a top score and taking it on Sept. 3. So anyway. You're ahead of me!

Mostly I'm just going to try to make the math quicker and more automatic, since I haven't done it in ages, and go through Barron's 800 words to find and memorize words I don't know that well.

Hey guys!

I'll be taking the new gre too( on sept 15).

gigimorales-Ive also planned to study for about 2-3hrs a day in the weekdays and then about 6hrs in the weekends.I haven't started preparing...yet.(hope i dont go on like this though..lol...) I am trying for an Engineering programme so Ive really got to get a high quant score.

Ive purchased one book so far-Barrons New GRE.

What are the books that you are planning on using?

Btw guys, does anybody know if Nova's New GRE Math book is already out?

I think I'll probably start a new thread on this too.....