Chances?

OldGrad2012

Hello,

Here is my situation, low undergraduate GPA, but decent graduate GPA; my undergraduate GPA is 2.92 in microbiology from UC Davis. I think I have an overall cummulative undergraduate of 2.86.

My MS is in Biology from SFSU with GPA of 3.46.

GRE score : Verbal (590): Quantitative(680), Anaytical Writing : 3.5 (very bad)

I have 10 years of research experiences both in academia and industry.

My SOP is geared toward my research experiences.

I have not gather my letter of recommendation yet since it is early.

I applying to Stanford. UC Davis, UC San Diego, UC Irvine, University of Washington, WSU, Univ of Arizona, and Oregon Health and Science University.

What are my chances.? How can I improve my applications? Is there a way to review the SOP through this forum?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I really need you guys input because I do not want to waste my time applying. Do you think my stats below give me a chance at some schools that I listed? Should I picked some low ranked school also? Please give me some advice?

I think it would be helpful if you told us what degree (phD or another MS?) and programs you're going for. No one can give you any input until you provide that basic information. But even so, you're the only one who can really know if it's worth your time applying or not. If your stats don't even come close those listed on the school's website then you probably have to do some reevaluating. But if they do, then why would it be a waste of time to apply?