Master's in CS - Santa Clara University

Melissinha

Hi everyone,

Does anyone here knows how prestigious it is for Silicon Valley tech companies a master's degree in CS from Santa Clara University?

I'm thinking about going there, since I don't think I'll get admitted to my dream schools again this year. I'm from South America, don't have much research experience and my UnderGrad GPA is not a 4.0. I do have solid professional experience in a MNC though.

Any inputs are very much appreciated.

Hi everyone,

Does anyone here knows how prestigious it is for Silicon Valley tech companies a master's degree in CS from Santa Clara University?

I'm thinking about going there, since I don't think I'll get admitted to my dream schools again this year. I'm from South America, don't have much research experience and my UnderGrad GPA is not a 4.0. I do have solid professional experience in a MNC though.

Any inputs are very much appreciated.

A key factor in the growth and power of Silicon Valley is its ability to recruit individuals, not carbon copies. If you get into a school - any school - and work really hard and make your self special, it shouldn't really matter where your degree came from. Computer Science is a very, very, very, broad and ever changing field. No matter where you get your masters, try to do as much research as possible. Try to assist on a lot of different things and to pick up on 'what' new' and 'what will happen ten years down the road'. An advantage at being at a school while researching as that you can kinda predict the future. What are your professors - experts in the CS field - researching. IF they're willing to put the effort and money into it, it might just be very appetizing for Silicon Valley tech giants.

Wish you the best.