Interdisciplinary programs abroad...

I am currently an American student interested in studying in Europe for my Masters and ultimately my PhD. I am looking for a program in Community Psychology or (Applied) Social psychology, however my interests are in homelessness and immigration (adaptation to a new host culture, ect.) so any program that would have me working and researching in these fields would be wonderful. (And I should note that Community Psychology is considered an interdisciplinary subject itself anyway)

Ultimately, I want to work in applied settings and would be more than happy to work outside the United States (although I wouldn't be devastated if I did end up working in the States)

Currently, I am having difficulty finding resources about programs outside of the United States and Canada. Programs do need to be in English. I have conversational French, but nowhere near good enough to take Gradate level courses in.

Further, what do programs in Europe tend to look for in an applicant? I know many do not require the GRE, but what is the general attitude toward work and research experience? I know in the U.S. research experience tends to be weighed heavily as a factor for admission, so I just wanted to know if it was viewed the same abroad.

Edited by foolish.nostalgia

You should take a look at Scandinavian universities. I don't know anything about your field so can't point to any specific programs, but I do know that interdisciplinary research is huge in both Swedish and Danish universities and that they offer programs fully taught in English - they are also extremely good value. Here are the government sponsored sites for both - you can use them as a way to search for programs: http://www.studyinsweden.se/

http://studyindenmark.dk/

I am currently an American student interested in studying in Europe for my Masters and ultimately my PhD. I am looking for a program in Community Psychology or (Applied) Social psychology, however my interests are in homelessness and immigration (adaptation to a new host culture, ect.) so any program that would have me working and researching in these fields would be wonderful. (And I should note that Community Psychology is considered an interdisciplinary subject itself anyway)

Ultimately, I want to work in applied settings and would be more than happy to work outside the United States (although I wouldn't be devastated if I did end up working in the States)

Currently, I am having difficulty finding resources about programs outside of the United States and Canada. Programs do need to be in English. I have conversational French, but nowhere near good enough to take Gradate level courses in.

Further, what do programs in Europe tend to look for in an applicant? I know many do not require the GRE, but what is the general attitude toward work and research experience? I know in the U.S. research experience tends to be weighed heavily as a factor for admission, so I just wanted to know if it was viewed the same abroad.