Phd in USA after MSc in Uk

naveenhegde

hi i am Dr naveen , am a doctor by profession. i am starting msc cancer immunology in university of nottingham this september 2011. I wanted to know wat are the chances of getting phd in usa after completing msc in uk. I have given my gre and i have score of 1170, verbal 470, quant 700. and my med school gpa is 4.0(Evaluated by WES)

In any other case I would say your GRE might preclude you from getting into a top-20 program but the fact that you already have an MD and eventually an MS may trump the poor score. To your question, I don't think getting your MS in Europe (vs the US) will be any kind of a hinderance when applying to PhDs in the US. As long as the University of Nottingham is well respected an acredtied and all that good stuff then you should be good to go.

If you could raise your GRE score to say 750Q 650V then I suspect you would have no problem walking into any PhD program you choose.