Advertising/ Mass Comm Ranking

Hi guys,

Is there any one who has a ranking data for advertising / mass communication Ph.D Program? I know ranking is not all about good schools, but it will be very helpful and saving time to find good schools roughly. I have MS Excel file (NCA survey result about Ph.D Program in Communication and Mass Comm), but I think there would be some other simple ranking data somewhere. (NCA data is very complicated)

And is there any one who purchased US&News ranking data? I am not sure whether the data includes communication or mass comm. On their web site, there isn't.

Thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...

Are you referring to the 2004 doctoral reputational study? As far as I know, even though seven years have gone by, it is still the most recent ranking of communication programs available. I couldn't find any others - and believe me, I've searched far and wide.

US News & World Report does not rank Mass Comm programs.

The 2010 National Research Council ratings for Communication are available at: http://chronicle.com/article/NRC-Rankings-Overview-/124717/

From what I've heard and seen, the "S-Rank" appears to be more reliable for our field, because of the fragmented nature of the communication discipline (the R-Rankings are more oriented towards long-term institutional reputations).