Matching GRE score with app

ijann

I took the GRE nov 12 and have yet to send in my app. The way of selecting schools and programs on the GRE is kind of weird and didn't include codes, so I don't know even know if I sent them to the right place. For example, Rutgers has you send your scores to graduate admissions, but there wasn't a choice for that so I picked city and regional planning (program I'm applying for). Think they'll be able to match it up? Is it bad that I'm sending in other stuff before my application? I'm taking forever perfecting my statement...

I was just thinking of this very thing today. I was planning on sending a photocopy of my scores in with my supplemental materials and transcripts (where I send the transcripts myself instead of directly from my undergrad schools), and I think it is probably a god idea to follow-up and make sure they got everything from ETS too.

Make a good old-fashioned phone call to the graduate admissions offices that you've applied to and simply ask them if they've received your GRE scores. This is probably a common occurrence for those schools considering that other graduate applicants have come before you with the very same issue. :)

• 2 weeks later...

ugh! a little rant: when I took the test I designated four schools and departments in which I was interested. I didn't know at the time that the schools wanted them sent without a department code.

I've now sent off my applications including a photocopy of my scores so that they can be better matched. I've heard from a few of the schools that even though they have there in writing where they were sent, they need them sent to the school without a department code and now I need to order (and pay for) more score reports to be sent again just to the school code.

You would think they would be able to retrieve them :(