I'm looking into some of the algorithms on geographic profiling, and though I see reference to a number of data sets in papers I've read, I can't find any data online for serial criminals (specifically, I've seen reference to sets on serial rapists with ten or more crimes). Can anyone point me to some such datasets? Ideally, it would be lists of lat/long coordinates of the crimes committed in order, with an additional data point for the criminal's residence during the time he/she committed the crimes.

• 1 month later...

Little late in the game in replying to this, but anyway. There aren't these datasets online, mainly because the lat/long coordinates would likely identify at least some of the victims (especially for rapes, which are likely in someone's home). You're best shot is getting connected with a large police agency or similar, and somehow convince them to give you the data. My guess, however, is that unless you are hooked in with a major research professor with those preexisting connections, you work for the agency as an analyst, or you get a million dollar grant, you're unlikely to get the data. It sucks, I know, but serial rapists, for one, are fairly rare, and for two, have crimes that are so highly sensitive that getting even semi-anonymous crime address points (like nearest cross-street) is going to be a HUGE IRB nightmare. So, in short, I doubt this data exists online to the public, and I also doubt you'll have much luck getting the specific address/crime data directly from police agencies.